Here at Woodform we pride ourselves on being involved in some of the most prestigious projects in Australia, and we are thrilled when they receive the recognition they deserve.
2017 has been a big year for us, with over 1100 projects going out the door. While we take the same level of care for each and every order, sometimes our products are used in projects which stand above the rest.
We have a front row seat to the level of dedication that goes into these projects from the design stage all the way through to construction. This is why we would like to recognise and congratulate the following architects on having their work recognised by some of the most renowned architecture awards both domestically and internationally.
With the World Architecture Festival Awards this weekend, we have taken a look back at some of our favourite award-winning projects from 2017.
Willinga Park Stables, ACT - Cox Architecture
For the horse who really appreciates architecture.
Willinga Park Stables is located at Bawley Point, and was designed by Cox Architecture - who describe the overall vision of the project as 'Sculptural Land Art'. Willinga Park stables recently won the National Award for Commercial Architecture at the Australian Institue of Architects National Architectural Awards. Upon receiving the award, the project was praised for features including its 'series of overlapping folding roof planes designed to scoop in cool breezes and shield the spectators and dressage arena from the western sun'.
Architect - Cox Architecture
Builder - Erincole Building Services Pty Ltd
Products - Expression Cladding (Blackbutt)
Photographer - Ginette Snow
- National Award for Commercial Architecture, Australian Institue of Architects National Architectural Awards
- W Hayward Morris Award for Interior Architecture, Australian Institue of Architects National Architectural Awards
- Romano Giurgola Award for Public Architecture, Australian Institue of Architects National Architectural Awards
-Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival Sports - Completed Buildings Award (announced Nov 2017)
-Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival Landscape of the Year Award (announced Nov 2017)
Victoria Gardens House (VIC) - Lucy Clemenger Architects
The extension that makes the rest of the house jealous.
Located in Prahran, Victoria Gardens House converts an existing 1880s house into something that puts modern projects to shame.Timber is a major material of both the interior and exterior, with the whole project using a natural colour palette to further ingrain the connection between the park and the house.
A stunning feature of the project (and our favourite part) is the cantilevered timber box, using our Expression Cladding. The Pacific Teak cladding boards coated with oil make the upper floor of the residence the most eye-catching highlight of the project.
Architect - Lucy Clemnger Architects
Builder - The Building & Construction Company
Products - Expression Cladding
Photographer - Shannon Mcgrath
- National Award for Excellence in Timber Design for a Residential Alteration or Addition, Australian Timber Design Awards
Sir Zelman Cowen Centre for Science - Cox Architecture
A central feature making science everyone's favourite class.
The Sir Zelman Cowan Centre for Science is part of Scotch College, located in Melbourne. The huge central feature of the building is the multi-level atrium, using custom Concept Click battens curved into distinct shapes.
Designer Andy Hayes from Cox architects describes a major ambition of the studio during the design process as 'wanting a feature that connected the floors visually and tie them all together'. See Andy describe how Woodform was a big part of the design process in our short video below.
Architect - Cox Architecture
Builder - Kane Constructions
Products - Concept Click (American White Oak Custom)
Photographer - John Gollings
- Shortlisted for the World Architecture Festival Award for Education - Completed Buildings (announced Nov 17)
The World Architecture Festival Award winners are revealed this weekend, with the following projects involving Woodform being nominated -
Congratulations and good luck to all the finalists.
- Brick House, Sydney by Andrew Burges Architects
- Moving House, Melbourne by Architects EAT
- Sir Zelman Cowen Centre for Science, Melbourne Scotch College by Cox Architecture
- The Mandeville Centre by Architectus
- Willinga Park by Cox Architecture
- The Glasshouse at Goonoo Goonoo Station by TKD Architects
- East Sydney Childcare Centre by Andrew Burges Architects
- Christchurch Convention and Exhibition Centre by Woods Bagot